The search for a simple, compact, and error-free code has lead to most industries choosing the datamatrix code (aeronautics, automotive, electronic and semi-conductor, pharmaceutical industry, etc).
Today it is the two-dimensional - 2D - code that is most used for the permanent identification of parts. Many standard regulations require DataMatrix marking on each part. This code offers several advantages:
- Permanent and tamper-proof identification
- Traceability of parts produced in a harsh environment
- Processing of non-compliant or faulty parts
- Fight against counterfeiting
- Identification of small parts
- Production and stock management
As a result, all suppliers and manufacturers are often required to comply with this requirement and must guarantee that their markings meet quality standards (standards ISO/TS 16949, AIAG, ISO 15459, EN1572, NF Z 63-100, AECMA EN9132, SAE AS9132, etc).
The Advantages of DataMatrix Code Marking:
- Unique symbol marked directly on the part and legible using a camera
- Very large storage capacity: a very large number of encoded characters in a very small space
- Reliability: removal of human error, the code can be read using a camera
- Robustness: the redundancy of integrated information - ECC200 - makes the reading of a partially damaged code possible
Accessories for Dot Peen and Scribe Marking Machines
We have a range of accessories to personalize your marking equipment.
From the robotic cord to the digital Z axis, Technifor offers accessories designed to optimize your markings and provide comfort and productivity: